Time for the 2015 Brodie Awards nominations!!
Last week we started collecting nominations for the William Law X-Mormon of the Year 2015, and now it’s time for the biggest event of Main Street Plaza‘s yearly calendar!! It’s time to recognize the best LDS-interest content published and posted to the Internet in the past year!!
These awards have been a fun way of catching up on the past year since 2009, and have been growing in popularity every year. We’re counting on you to nominate your favorite works from 2015 — so they can receive the additional recognition they deserve!
The guidelines have pretty much stabilized, but I’m still open to suggestions if you have good ideas for changes. Here’s how it works:
The precise list of award categories will depend on your suggestions and on the types of content that were especially strong in 2015. To give you ideas, I’ll list off last year’s categories, but feel free to browse through the winner buttons in the sidebar for further ideas of categories that might potentially yield awards this year — and invent your own categories!
Year-long awards for people and websites:
- Best New Blog
- Best Discussion Forum
- Best Humor/Satire Site, Blog, or Channel
- Best LDS-Interest Audio/Video Channel
- Best LDS Church Watch/Analysis Blog or Website
- Best Scripture Study Blog/Podcast
- Best faithful-perspective Mormon Blog
Awards for Individual Works:
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Fiction)
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Non-fiction)
- Best LDS-Interest Comic or Image
- Best Mormon-Themed Meme
- Most fantastic r/mormon AMA
- Best Post Title
- Funniest Humor Piece
- Most Poignant Personal Story
- Best Exit Story
- Best Moving On from Mormonism Piece
- Best Original Research Regarding Mormonism
- Best LDS Church Watch Piece
- Best Podcast Series or Episode
- Best Response to Apologetics
- Most Interesting Interfaith Interaction
- Best Religion-and-Race Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Gender Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Orientation Post
- Best Erotic or Sexual Piece
- Best History Piece
- Most Insightful Commentary on the CoJCoL-dS
- Best Philosophical/Theological Discussion
- Best Parody/Metaphor/Analogy
- Best Poem
- Best Review
- Best Recipe
And here are the nomination guidelines:
- Please nominate as many people, sites, and articles as you want. However, please do not nominate more than two individual works by any one author.
- You are encouraged to nominate your own works. No one knows better than you do which pieces were your best. No more than two, though.
- Please nominate works that first appeared during 2015.
- Please try to nominate people and works that have some connection with Mormonism or with Outer Blogness (eg. either the work touches on Mormonism, or the author is a current or former Mormon and/or is an active participant in our community).
- A category must have at least three nominations in order to be included in the voting and awards phase.
- You may suggest your own categories â€” however please do it as early as possible in the nominations process, to give others plenty of time to add nominations in your proposed categories.
- Any other proposed changes to the categories or to the guidelines are welcome â€” feel free to discuss it in the comments.
- The nominations will be open until January 22, 2016. I will finalize the categories and add my own nominations on January 18, 2016.
I canâ€™t wait to review all of the best works from 2015!!!