Opening the Brodie nominations and closing the X-Mormon of the Year Nominations!
We’ve got some great nominations for X-Mormon of the Year — you can continue to add nominations until we begin voting on Wednesday, January 2.
And now it’s that time of year again to start collecting the nominations for the Brodie Awards!!!
I’ll start with the proposed categories, and then I’ll follow up with the proposed guidelines:
Year-long awards for people and websites:
- Best New Blog
- Best Discussion Forum
- Best Humor/Satire Site or Blog
- Best faithful-perspective Mormon Blog
- Best LDS-Interest Audio/Video Channel/Series
- Best LDS-Interest Photo Blog
Awards for Individual Works:
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Fiction)
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Non-fiction)
- Funniest Humor Piece
- Best LDS-Interest Comic or Image
- Best Poem
- Most Amusing Vignette or Personal Anecdote
- Most Poignant Personal Story
- Best Deconversion/Exit Story
- Best “Mormon Life Journey” Post
- Most Insightful Discussion of Mormon Beliefs, Practices, and Culture
- Best Philosophical/Theological Discussion
- Best Response to Apologetics
- Best Discussion of Mormon (or former-Mormon) Community
- Most Interesting Interfaith Interaction
- Best Chat with the Bishop, Mishies, or Other Church Leaders
- Best LDS Church Watch
- Best News Reporting
- Best LDS-Related Political Commentary
- Best Religion-and-Gender Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Homosexuality Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Race Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Parenting Discussion
- Best Erotic or Sexual Piece
- Best History Piece
- Best Science Piece
- Best Review
- Best Post Title
As you know, the idea behind the Brodies is to highlight excellent work from all over the LDS-interest Internet, and introduce as many people as possible to great blogs they may not be aware of. Last year’s guidelines worked pretty well, so let’s use them again this year:
- Please nominate as many people, sites, and articles as you want. However, please do not nominate more than two individual works by any one author.
- You are allowed (even encouraged!) to nominate your own works. No more than two, though.
- Please nominate works that first appeared during 2012.
- Please try to nominate people and works that have some connection with Mormonism or with Outer Blogness (eg. either the work touches on Mormonism, or the author is a current or former Mormon and/or is an active participant in our community).
- A category must have at least three nominations in order to be included in the voting and awards phase.
- You may suggest your own categories â€” however please do it as early as possible in the nominations process, to give others plenty of time to add nominations in your proposed categories.
- Any other proposed changes to the categories or to the guidelines are welcome â€” feel free to discuss it in the comments.
- The nominations will be open for two weeks. (And Iâ€™ll add my own nominations when I make the polls.)
I can’t wait to review all of the best works from 2012!!!