Congratulations 2010 Brodie Winners!!!

Congrats on a great year of posts to everyone who participated — and congratulations especially to the following outstanding folks!!!

Year-Long Awards for People and Websites:

Best New Blog: Mormon Expression Blogs

Best Discussion Forum: Post-Mormon.org

Best Humor Site/Blog: Eliza R. Snitch

Best Static LDS-Interest Site: MormonThink

Best LDS Church Watch or News Reporting : Joanna Brooks @ Religion Dispatches

Best Bridge-Building: John Dehlin’s “Mormon Stories”

Best faithful Mormon (Bloggernacle) Blog: feminist Mormon housewives

Best LDS-Interest Video Channel/Series: Mormon Stories Podcast

Awards for Individual Posts and Articles:

Funniest Humor Piece: Less Active Learns Morality From Kitten [Donna Banta/Ward Gossip]

Most Amusing Vignette or Personal Anecdote: Lying for the Lord [The Gay Dot]

Best LDS-Interest Comic or Image: Mormon Fakebook Update: 1 [O'Q/Doves & Serpents]

Most Poignant Personal Story: My grandmother died [Leah Elliott/The Whore of All the Earth]

Best Deconversion/Exit Story: How Star Wars destroyed my faith in God [Kuri/To Try a New Sword]

Best “Life Beyond Mormonism” Post: On the impossibility of regaining a testimony [Eliza/Eliza R. Snitch]

Best Interfaith Interaction: Why my husband is like the LDS Adam [Ms. Jack/ClobberBlog]

Best Chat with the Bishop, Mishies, or Other Church Leaders: Ask Richard: Atheists Mormon Teen Son Is Questioned About Masturbation [Richard Wade/Friendly Atheist]

Best News Reporting: BYU censors letter to the editor critical of Prop 8 [Jon Adams/USU Shaft]

Best LDS Church Watch: Gordon B. Hinckley and the downplaying of Mormon peculiarity [Jon Adams/USU Shaft]

Best Political Commentary: A Little More on Glenn Beck’s Church Advice [Andrew/Hackman's Musings]

Best Post Title: Ambiguously Gendered Kitten Takes Own Life Following BKP’s Conference Talk [Insana D]

Best Philosophical/Religious Discussion: The god of lost car keys [Kiley/We Were Going to Be Queens]

Most Interesting Commentary on Mormonism: How Corporatism Has Undermined and Subverted The Church of Jesus Christ [Alan Rock Waterman/Pure Mormonism]

Best Response to Apologetics: Why I Wont Leave the Mormon Church Alone [Holly/Religion dispatches]

Best Gender Issues Discussion: Body Acceptance [Madame Curie/Sapphic Soliloquies]

Best Religion-and-Homosexuality Discussion: “A Situation That Defies Our Nature” [Invictus Pilgrim]

Best History Piece: Correlation: An Uncorrelated History (9 parts) [Daymon Smith/BCC]

Best Science Piece: This is your brain on god [Jon Adams/USU SHAFT]

Best Book Review: The Church of the For-Profit Corporation: Daymon Smith’s “The Book of Mammon” [Chanson/LFAB]

Best LDS-Interest Video: “Hi, my name is Robert and I’m an Ex Mormon.”

Best LDS-Interest Podcast: LDS Anthropologist Daymon Smith on Post-Manifesto Polygamy, Correlation, the Corporate LDS Church, and Mammon [Mormon Stories]

Here are your winners’ badges — wear them proudly on your sites!

Views: 36372
0saves

26 Comments

1. 1
    chanson says:

p.s. If you won last year but neglected to add the button to your site, you can still find it here.

2. 2
    Donna Banta says:

Wow, it’s exciting to be counted among so many excellent bloggers — both winners and nominees. Thanks chanson, and MSP for doing these.

3. 3
    chanson says:

My pleasure — and congrats on winning in such a hotly-contested category!

4. 4

I, too, am honored to be included, particularly as a neophyte blogger, among so many excellent bloggers. Thanks to Chanson and to all who supported my blog’s nominations.

5. 5
    Madame Curie says:

Woo hoo! I can’t believe I won! How exciting, and how motivating to keep writing in 2011!

6. 6
    Mikeutah says:

Congrats to all of the winners!

7. 7
    aerin says:

What a great selection! Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees.

8. 8

Acceptance speech: Thank you, thank you so very much! I’d like to thank Latter-day Main Street, my readers, and all the kick-ass people who voted for me! (This is where I choke up a little.) And I know with every fiber of my being that my blog is true, and my Brodie award is true!

Seriously though. This is an honor. Thank you.

9. 9
    Leah says:

Congrats to all winners and nominees! Such an honor to be among such great company! Thank you, MSP!

10. 10
    GraciesDaddy says:

I… I jus feel so much SPIRIT here!

[Sigh!]

11. 11
    TGD says:

Wow! It’s really cool to win. Now I feel like I’ve got to live up to it now or something. The pressure. It’s too much! I guess I could blog about it or something.

12. 12
    Kiley says:

Thank you everyone! Such a nice group of apostates to be going to Outer Darkness with!

13. 13
    John Dehlin says:

Thanks, ya’ll. I heart MSP.

14. 14
    Matt says:

Thank you, MSP! All all you nominees and winners — well done. Thank you for setting the bar for this coming year.

15. 15
    Joanna Brooks says:

Wow. Super thanks! Love wearing the Brodie name.

16. 16
    kuri says:

Thanks for voting for me and congratulations to the other winners.

17. 17
    Holly says:

I’m really pleased to have won a Brodie, and I wish there was a “like” button so I could like all the comments here from the other winners.

18. 18
    fMhLisa says:

You like us, you really like us!

19. 19
    fMhLisa says:

oops, didn’t mean to leave my email there! admin you wanna erase that for me? Silly brain.

20. 20
    chanson says:

I want to like all the comments too!! :D

I had a blast organizing this, and it makes me really happy that people have enjoyed it! As Matt says, you guys have set the quality bar pretty high for 2011!!

21. 21
    kaylanamars says:

Congrats, everyone!

22. 22
    Andrew says:

Thank you MSP! You do a lot of work, and it is a great community service!

Great writing everyone!

23. 23

[...] religion, and American religious history. Have a tip? Contact me. And thanks to the folks at Main Street Plaza for awarding my Religion Dispatches column a Brodie Award for best LDS church reporting of [...]

24. 24

[...] congrats to the winners and all of the nominees of this year’s Brodies!! I can’t wait to see what great stuff [...]

25. 25

[...] This is the third year of the Brodie Awards. Just have a look at the winners from the last two years to get an idea of what these awards are all about. I’ll start with this year’s [...]

26. 26

[...] Congratulations 2010 Brodie Winners!!! 01.23.2011chansonPosted inAwards [...]