It’s that time of year again — time for you to look back on the past year of posts and choose the ones that were the most excellent!! This is the third year of the Brodie Awards. Just have a look at the winners from the last two years to get an idea of what these awards are all about. I’ll start with this year’s proposed categories, then finish with the nomination guidelines.
Year-long awards for people and websites:
- Best New Blog
- Best Discussion Forum
- Best Humor Site/Blog
- Best Static LDS-Interest Site
- Best LDS Church Watch or News Reporting
- Best Bridge-Building
- Best faithful-perspective Mormon Blog
- Best LDS-Interest Video Channel/Series
Awards for Individual Works:
- Best Book-Length Memoirs (This one is new — we have some really strong contenders this year!!)
- Funniest Humor Piece
- Most Amusing Vignette or Personal Anecdote
- Best LDS-Interest Comic or Image
- Best Poem
- Most Poignant Personal Story
- Best Deconversion/Exit Story
- Best Life Beyond Mormonism Post
- Best Interfaith Interaction
- Best Chat with the Bishop, Mishies, or Other Church Leaders
- Best News Reporting
- Best LDS Church Watch
- Best LDS-Related Political Commentary
- Best Post Title
- Best Philosophical/Religious Discussion
- Most Insightful Commentary on Mormonism
- Best Response to Apologetics
- Best Religion-and-Gender Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Homosexuality Discussion
- Best History Piece
- Best Science Piece
- Best Book Review
- Best LDS-Interest Video
- Best LDS-Interest Podcast
As you know, the idea behind the Brodies is to highlight excellent work from all over the LDS-interest Internet, and introduce as many people as possible to great blogs they may not be aware of. So here are my nomination guideline ideas:
- Please nominate as many people, sites, and articles as you want. However, please do not nominate more than two individual works by any one author.
- You are allowed (even encouraged!) to nominate your own works. No more than two, though.
- Please nominate works that first appeared during 2011
- Please try to nominate people and works that have some connection with Mormonism or with Outer Blogness (eg. either the work touches on Mormonism, or the author is a current or former Mormon and/or is an active participant in our community).
- A category must have at least three nominations in order to be included in the voting and awards phase.
- You may suggest your own categories — however please do it as early as possible in the nominations process, to give others plenty of time to add nominations in your proposed categories.
- Any other proposed changes to the categories or to the guidelines are welcome — feel free to discuss it in the comments.
- The nominations will be open for two weeks. (And I’ll add my own nominations when I make the polls.)
Let’s have some fun with this!! 😀