And here are the descriptions of the nominees:
- McKenna Denson: In March of 2018 she confronted her former mission president and secretly recorded him admitting to sexual assault against her and others in a secret basement room in the MTC. More recently, she gave a testimony in his ward in which she accused him publicly.
- Sam Young: The primary organizer of Protect LDS Children (from closed-door sexually-related interviews), he went on a hunger strike and was ultimately excommunicated from the CoJCoL-dS in 2018.
- Kyrsten Sinema: In 2018 this BYU Alum was elected to the United States Senate — the first openly bisexual member of the US Senate and first female senator from Arizona.
- Bill Reel: In 2018 he was excommunicated for calling two apostles of the CoJCoL-dS liars on his podcast Mormon Discussions.
- Gina Colvin: This popular LDS-interest blogger and podcaster faced discipline from the CoJCoL-dS in December of 2018 (for being baptized into another church), but it looks like she hasn’t been excommunicated (yet). [If this is not correct, please add corrections in the comments.]
- Mark Naugle: He has provided free legal assistance to help thousands of people resign from the CoJCoL-dS over the past decade or so.
- Dan Reynolds: Singer of Imagine Dragons, Dan Reynolds has used his platform to advocate for the LGBT community in a positive dialogue with the CoJCoL-dS.
- Mike Norton: Also known as NewNameNoah, he has published a number of recordings of various types concerning the CoJCoL-dS. He is most famous for his videos exposing the temple ceremony over the years, and more recently he has publicised some testimony meetings where people got cut off by the bishopric — McKenna Denson’s testimony, in particular, in 2018.
- Russell M. Nelson: In 2018 he became the President of the CoJCoL-dS. I presume that the reason he was nominated was because of all of the changes he’s made since “he’s been unleashed” (from being tied down by all those other old dudes who finally died…???) — and has the CoJCoL-dS headed straight along the road to apostasy…
The poll will remain open until Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Switzerland time. And may the X-Mormon who made the biggest splash in 2018 win!!