It’s poll time for William Law X-Mormon of the Year! Before you vote, though, please consider nominating your favorite bloggers, podcasters, etc. for this year’s Brodie Awards! Anyone can nominate.
Here are this year’s X-MotY nominees and what they did in 2017:
- Jacinda Ardern: This exmo became Prime Minister of New Zealand in 2017.
- Kip Thorne: This exmo won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2017.
- Sam Young: Not an ex-Mormon (rather still current), but as an “X” (non-traditional) Mormon, in 2017 he started a petition to protect youth from sexually-oriented “worthiness” interviews.
- Savannah: This young girl made a splash when she came out as gay during testimony meeting in Utah.
- Mike Norton: Frequent exposer of the secrets of the CoJCoL-dS, in 2017 Mike Norton edited and posted Savannah’s testimony and shared it with the press.
- Elizabeth Smart: In 2017, she contributed to the film I Am Elizabeth Smart.
- Ryan McKnight & Ethan Dodge: In 2017 they founded The Truth and Transparency Foundation to provide the avenue for anonymous sources of all faiths to increase transparency and expose corruption. Their MormonLeaks website published some big scoops in 2017 including GA pay information and the “enemies list”.
- Grant Palmer: Died in 2017
The poll will remain open for two weeks — until January 20th, 10a.m. Switzerland time. May the splashiest X-Mormon win!!