Our community Minecraft Servers is up and running! Here’s an overview of what to expect:
- I am using a whitelist. That means that if you want to play, you need to email me (chanson dot exmormon at gmail dot com) and I will add you to the whitelist. This is simply to keep anonymous griefers out. Anyone who wants to be added will be added, but those who cannot be persuaded not to troll and grief other players will be removed from the whitelist.
- Please be respectful of other players. I may consider making a faction server at some point, but this one is one of the cooperative wow classic servers. Don’t take or break things made by other players, and don’t pick fights with players unless they have expressly stated that they want to fight you.
- The server has a clearly-marked common house in the castle where you can stay for a while and get some items to get started. Please try to leave the common area (and the rest of the castle) in at least as nice a state as you found it.
- I will make regular backups, but I prefer not to roll back unless absolutely necessary. (I find frequent roll-backs extremely annoying, as I explained on my Groundhog Day post.)
- The main server is intended for adults (and possibly older teens, but please get parents’ permission). I also have a kids’ server for younger teens and children. (I’m happy to add interested kids and their parents to the kids’ server, but I’ll be a little more picky about making sure you’re a real person before adding you to the whitelist on the kids’ server.)
- I play as AsteroidBelt. I will be monitoring the server logs pretty closely (especially in the beginning), so if you have any suggestions, requests, or complaints, you can just type them in, and I’ll see them, even if I’m not online when you type them.
- This is a free service by the folks of the community blog Main Street Plaza. Feel free to express your appreciation with some linky-love for our community blog (and by participating in the discussion, writing interesting articles for us, etc.), and by joining Outer Blogness if you have an exmo blog. (Remember: we will add your comments feed to the Outer Blogness “Recent Comments” column if you add the Outer Blogness link button above the fold on your blog.)
- Have fun!!!