Collecting nominations for X-Mormon of the Year 2011!!!

Which X-Mormon had the biggest impact in 2011?? Remember that — as always — the “X” is a variable that can stand for any type of non-traditional Mormon (eg. liberal-Mormon, New Order Mormon, etc.) — it’s not just for “ex” or former Mormons!!

Here are some choices to start with:

Your ideas?

p.s. I’m really sorry about the scheduling confusion, not even getting to the nominations until late February!! But I hope you all can remember 2011 well enough to join in this award. :)

Views: 2111
0saves

7 Comments

1. 1
    Stephanie says:

Although he is an active member, I’m going to nominate Bishop Kevin Kloosterman. He might be an active Mormon bishop, but he is nothing typical or traditional. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDfYQbCro7M

0 likes

2. 2
    michelle says:

Hands Down John Dehlin. I would also nominate John Larsen.

0 likes

3. 3
    chanson says:

Thanks — good choices — keep ‘em coming!! I’ll probably put up the poll this Saturday.

0 likes

4. 4
    Jan says:

Joanna Brooks

0 likes

5. 5
    Angela says:

I nominate Brent Beal (Mr. Cheap Seats) for his insightful and well-written post, “Half a Church”

1 likes

6. 6
    aerin says:

Heather Armstrong – dooce
    Dustin Lance Black – J. Edgar (He won the Oscar for the screenplay for “Milk”)

I think the guys who wrote/directed “yo gabba gabba” (a kids’ show) were mormon/former mormon, but I can’t confirm that.

Can’t think of other liberal, former or new order mormons who were nationally/internationally famous in 2011 off the top of my head.

0 likes

7. 7
    chanson says:

Great choices, keep ‘em coming!! :D

0 likes

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Recent Comments

• MSP TV

Brigham Young University's Honor Code Problem:
  • EXMO Radio

Jake leads a discussion with Glenn, Tom, and Zack (aka “Cagelessbird” from reddit) about Zack’s interaction with several top Mesoamerican and Egyptian scholars, and their responses to his question about Book of Mormon and Book of Abraham historicity.