Collecting nominations for X-Mormon of the Year 2011!!!

Which X-Mormon had the biggest impact in 2011?? Remember that — as always — the “X” is a variable that can stand for any type of non-traditional Mormon (eg. liberal-Mormon, New Order Mormon, etc.) — it’s not just for “ex” or former Mormons!!

Here are some choices to start with:

Your ideas?

p.s. I’m really sorry about the scheduling confusion, not even getting to the nominations until late February!! But I hope you all can remember 2011 well enough to join in this award. :)

Views: 1803
0saves

7 Comments

1. 1
    Stephanie says:

Although he is an active member, I’m going to nominate Bishop Kevin Kloosterman. He might be an active Mormon bishop, but he is nothing typical or traditional. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDfYQbCro7M

0 likes

2. 2
    michelle says:

Hands Down John Dehlin. I would also nominate John Larsen.

0 likes

3. 3
    chanson says:

Thanks — good choices — keep ‘em coming!! I’ll probably put up the poll this Saturday.

0 likes

4. 4
    Jan says:

Joanna Brooks

0 likes

5. 5
    Angela says:

I nominate Brent Beal (Mr. Cheap Seats) for his insightful and well-written post, “Half a Church”

1 likes

6. 6
    aerin says:

Heather Armstrong – dooce
    Dustin Lance Black – J. Edgar (He won the Oscar for the screenplay for “Milk”)

I think the guys who wrote/directed “yo gabba gabba” (a kids’ show) were mormon/former mormon, but I can’t confirm that.

Can’t think of other liberal, former or new order mormons who were nationally/internationally famous in 2011 off the top of my head.

0 likes