Nominations for William Law X-Mormon of the Year 2014 are going well — and now it’s time for the biggest event of Main Street Plaza‘s yearly calendar!! It’s time to recognize the best LDS-interest content published and posted to the Internet in the past year!!
As usual, the precise list of award categories will depend on your suggestions and on the types of content that were especially strong in 2014. To give you ideas, I’ll list off last year’s categories. Feel free to browse through the winner buttons in the sidebar for further ideas of categories that might potentially yield awards this year.
Year-long awards for people and websites:
- Best New Blog
- Best Discussion Forum
- Best Humor/Satire Site or Blog
- Best faithful-perspective Mormon Blog
- Best LDS-Interest Audio/Video Channel/Series
Awards for Individual Works:
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Novel)
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Short Fiction Collection)
- Best LDS-Interest Book (Memoir)
- Best LDS-Interest Book (General Non-fiction)
- Best LDS-Interest Comic or Image
- Best Mormon-Themed Meme
- Best Poem
- Best Musical Work
- Best Post Title
- Funniest Humor Piece
- Most Poignant Personal Story
- Best LDS Journey Story
- Best Moving on from Mormonism Discussion
- Best Original Research Regarding Mormonism
- Best History Piece
- Best Philosophical/Theological Discussion
- Best Scripture Study Series
- Best LDS Church Watch
- Best LDS-Related Political Commentary
- Best Response to Apologetics
- Most Interesting Interfaith Interaction
- Best Religion-and-Race Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Gender Discussion
- Best Religion-and-Homosexuality Discussion
- Best Erotic or Sexual Piece
- Best Review
- Best Recipe
And here are the nomination guidelines:
- Please nominate as many people, sites, and articles as you want. However, please do not nominate more than two individual works by any one author.
- You are encouraged to nominate your own works. No one knows better than you do which pieces were your best. No more than two, though.
- Please nominate works that first appeared during 2014.
- Please try to nominate people and works that have some connection with Mormonism or with Outer Blogness (eg. either the work touches on Mormonism, or the author is a current or former Mormon and/or is an active participant in our community).
- A category must have at least three nominations in order to be included in the voting and awards phase.
- You may suggest your own categories â€” however please do it as early as possible in the nominations process, to give others plenty of time to add nominations in your proposed categories.
- Any other proposed changes to the categories or to the guidelines are welcome â€” feel free to discuss it in the comments.
- The nominations will be open for two weeks (or two-and-a-half, depending on my procrastination schedule). I will reorganize the categories and add my own nominations a few days before creating the polls to allow you to get in last nominations in the final list of categories.
I canâ€™t wait to review all of the best works from 2014!!!